Going to be restarting my 72 bow front ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aj beau

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently moved and I need to restart my tank I need to get a new skimmer and new lighting because I need bulbs. I have 90 lbs of live rock and 3 inches of sand that have been just sitting in the tank with water. When I moved I emptied the tank and then put everything back inside. I need a plan to get this thing going on the right track. Should I try to add salt to the water that's in the tank now and cycle it or should i try and buy water from local reef store and use that? Is there anything I should need to do with the rock or sand? Any help will be appreciated thanks.

Aj.

Hey Aj,

I'm a little bit behind you. I have a 72 Bow too, but starting over from scratch. I have rinsed my (previous) live aggregate sand to get rid of the old ammonia (it smelled terrible) because I haven't used the tank in over a year or so.

I have high hopes for a good "cycle" this time. I've talked to my Saltwater contact at the pet store.

This time, I am taking it slower.... letting the tank cycle, instead of rushing it... and pushing the cycle time faster along.

I found a good source for live rock out of Florida Keys. they ship free and have nice reputation.

So keep posting Aj..... I'll do the same:D

Mike in Myrtle Beach

Ok cool I should be getting started soon I'll let you know how it comes along

Back
Top Bottom