Good beginner tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The stock lighting won't be able to keep anything above soft coral. I'm personally not a fan of biocubes, though some love them. I'd rather get a craigslist tank for cheap and put things together with what I want.

My only reef tank has been a 29g biocube, so I can't compare, but softies, LPS and some lower light SPS do fine. But you will out grow it, this is addictive.

Attachments

• 0604141649.jpg
    0604141649.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 1after.jpg
    1after.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 0730141456.jpg
    0730141456.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 138
I love biocubes for their all in one setups. I think they are a great starter tank. :)

I also would say go for the 29g model, just a little more money but opens up being able to get more fish.

While you can piece a tank together for a similar cost, it is a hassle that new salt keepers might not want to deal with. I started with a 29g standard tank myself and as a newbie it wasnt the easiest thing to do. I much preferred my biocube which I got a short time later. I recently sold it and regret it, it was a really nice setup. I had added a t5 fixture in place of the stock lighting and it was a very cool tank. I will def be on the lookout for another one. :)
Innovative marine also has similar all in ones but they tend to be a bit more money but they really are awesome tanks. And you can add your own lighting as well as a skimmer and reactors. Just depends on what your budget is.

I know several people that have biocube's myself included. go with the 29 gallon, you'll be much happier. Mine has several different mushrooms, zoas, and some lps with stock lighting. great all in one tank

Back
Top Bottom