good deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IndyReef

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay i am getting offered the following and wonder if i am getting a good deal in ya'll eyes.

170 gal acrylic with 2 built in overflows for $800. its used, but they said they would make sure there were no scratches when they give it to me (LFS)

your thoughts?

If it were new that would be an awesome deal, but for used, scratches or not, I would expect more for $800.00. Does it come with anything else?
  • sump
  • filters
  • protien skimmer
  • lights
  • any extras at all
Since your going through a middle man, $800.00 probably isn't to bad, but if you could find the individual selling the tank...The LFS is probably paying in the neiborhood of $300.00-$400.00, If it was me, unless I was just totally itching for a new tank, I'd pass. Of course, I've had a large acryllic tank before, and I won't own one again, unless I'm using it as a sump.... :wink:

For me, yes that would be the determining factor. I can give you a list of why acrylic is better than glass, but until you own one, you just never understand how easy it is to scratch one. You can breathe on it too heavy and it will scratch....

Back
Top Bottom