Good deal? Now with pic.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
180 Gallon All-Glass Aquarium with overflows. Oak Stand and Canopy. New Little Giant pump. Wet/Dry filter, UV Filter. Other minor accessories. Compact Fluorescent and N.O. Fluorescent lights. Tank dimensions are 6' x 2' x 2' $750
I am thinking about buying this for maybe a future seahorse/pipefish tank. Is it a good enough deal to buy for future plans or should I let it go?

Sounds like a deal to me assuming all is in good condition and working order.

So when are you putting the new addition on to house your addiction? :wink:

The new addition to the house is for the 2000 gallon predator tank. :wink: This will probably end up in my bedroom. As far as the tank goes it looks new. I have only seen the pics though.

I think you should pack it up and send it to me for Christmas! I'd like to have it for my basement :)

Sea horses like tall more so than width so I think a tank of those dimensions would be wasted on them. If this is going to go in your bedroom is it a first floor room? Is this going to be upstairs? Do you know if you can have a tank that big upstairs? I think you should probably be able to knock a couple hundred off that price to make it a great deal.

Phyl, you don't know Brenden no space will be wasted. When he ststes sehors/pipefish I am sure he means plural as in many. :)

My bedroom is downstairs so it will not be a problem. I could put it upstairs in certain areas where I know it would have support. My office is upstairs and is approx 20'x30' it would be a awesome place for it but the truss spans are to big for the weight. :(

The price is down to $600. The handles on the oak stand are a little tarnished but could be replaced for $20 or less if I wanted to. There is a outside chip dime sized on one of the corners. Said it was there since he bought it. Tank is full of water so I know it does not leak. I am thinking the stand/canopy alone is worth $600. The tank, wet/dry, UV and pump are just bonuses. I am just not sure it is what I want. Should I worry about the chip?

Damn, I would love that. I don't think a small chip would hurt especially if the tank has been up for awhile. Might make sure the silicone inside the tank is in good shape. That is a good deal.

I really want a 5' or 6' tank :(

Ellis want to do some trading? Here is a pic of the tank. He dropped the price to $600. He wants it out of the way. Has new furniture coming in. I think if I showed him $500 he would take it.

$500 would be a no brainer. The 5ft 120 I was was considering was going to near $300 after I had it drilled and overflows added. I bought wheels/tires for my car(gotta have other hobbies too) and my kids are getting spoiled again this Christmas so money is not there now. If that was local though, I might have to raid the savings :)

You buy it and if you have not set it up or go bigger this summer, let me know :) My wife would kill me. The 75 is about all my office can handle. A 180 would be ideal for my future finished basement though :twisted:

I will probably buy it. Someone around here will want one soon. I bought all the kids their presents last month because I knew what was coming with Melissa. Now it is my turn. :twisted: I just spoke with the aquarium maker yesterday about my new tank. I do not know if I want another to take care of. That will make 3 large tanks. The predator tank I am planning on should be minimal upkeep compared to a seahorse tank. The 180 will probably be here empty when you are ready to get it. :D

I check the trader every so often looking for a deal like that. $500-600 is a awesome deal + you get the equipment. I wish you were closer :)

I am trying to get my frags ready for next year. I got some green/green zoos today and a green and purple monti cap. I need to frag my hammer and fragspawn too. They had a nice red blasto rock but they wanted almost $90 for it. I had to pass :(

I think we will all ive vicarioulsy through you right now ;)

Guess what I bought today for $500. What I did not realize when I got there was the setup was new. 8O The guy had never set it up. pumps etc are still in the box. I offered him $500. and he took it. Now I do not know what I am going to do with it? I wish I would have found it a day earlier. I just ordered a $400 tank to mix SW in. :? This would have worked for mixing water. Thinking of making it a predator tank or holding for ellisz.

Back
Top Bottom