Good idea to drip accl. a YT with a cleaner shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, in 5 hours my fish guy will bring me a YT and a cleaner shrimp (Lysmata Grabhami). Just wondering if it would be a good idea to drip acclimate these two in the smae bucket to get them acquainted or keep 'em separate.

Thx

Mike

sometimes fish can get a little panicky, I would not want to risk the shrimp getting hurt if such a thing were to occur. Better safe than sorry.

Bucket is typical 5 gallon food grade.

I could see the YT freaking a bit in such a small area with the shrimp.

Just thought maybe the shrimp would start doing its job and pick at the Tang.

Mike

A lot of systems keep inverts at different SG than fish and if that's the case then putting them together will really stress them out since the water parameters wouldn't be the same. Also if they've been in transit for any length of time I would make sure to keep them separate because while the fish could tolerate the poor water quality from waste in the water, the shrimp, who is not a big waste producer, would be less tolerant of the waste from the fish. I would personally acclimate fish and inverts (and corals) in separate containers.

Thanks for the feedback.

All went well last night. Did a 3 hour drip acclimation for both the YT and shrimp in separate buckets.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom