Good middle of the road sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Trying to find information online on what sump to buy for my 75 gallon is starting to become futile. If someone could point me towards brands to use and brands to stay away from us greatly appreciated.

Michael

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just make one from another tank and cut glass or any water safe plastic container.

+1 those are the best sumps around. Fully customizable and will fit just about any equipment you want :D

And they only cost a fraction of what a store bought sump will cost.

You can even take the tank to a glass shop and they will cut precise panels for you. All you need to do is glue them in place. I agree- a self-built sump is best because it perfectly caters to your needs. The right outside dimension, the right size and amount of compartments, a much better price....

What would be a good size tank to use as a sump? I should be able to fit a 20 long under the stand.

What would be a good size tank to use as a sump? I should be able to fit a 20 long under the stand.

Go with the biggest tank you can fit under there while still allowing yourself working space.

Check out the link for my 75 build in my signature. I go into detail about the sump.

Thanks! I don't see signatures on the mobile version.

Is the pipe size gong to make a difference because the tank isn't drilled?

Edit: picked up an Eshopps WD-75-CS sump from an lfs today. I had to return the fluval 406 that I got with the tank so the price wasn't a problem.
Sorry for posting a question just to turn around and get something not even reccomended.

Back
Top Bottom