good price for 75 drilled with stand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majorsick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Went and looked at a 75 gallon predrilled tank with a decent stand, and I'm wondering if his $175 asking price is good... The tank is pretty dirty and the stand isn't furniture grade, but could be spruced up a bit.

Thoughts?

Yea I'd go 150 tops. Still a good deal. A 75 gallon tank new is around $200 and then drilling can be another $150. Not everyone gets tanks drilled for free unless you can do it yourself. Make sure the stand is structurally sound tho...

So then another subquestion...

Most of the used tanks I've looked at look REALLY dirty. Lot's of build up. Should this be a concern, or do these clean up pretty easily?

So then another subquestion...

Most of the used tanks I've looked at look REALLY dirty. Lot's of build up. Should this be a concern, or do these clean up pretty easily?

Depends, but you can usually get the tough stuff off with vinegar and some elbow grease! I would be more concerned with scratches personally...

Depends, but you can usually get the tough stuff off with vinegar and some elbow grease! I would be more concerned with scratches personally...

And then the OTHER concern... How can you see scratches if it's dirty?! AHH!

Maybe I should just go buy a new one.... :ermm:

At that price it should be clean imo, I'd pay 50 tops. Drilling is ridiculously cheap and simple assuming it's not tempered of course. I shot a video on it just a few days ago although I've yet to upload it.

Back
Top Bottom