Good proteim skimmer for 55G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
my seaclone was working fine now it hardly collects anything and im constantly having to tune it whats a better one? i dont wanna spend over 200 i understand you get what you pay for but im just looking for a good model thats reliable

I use a remora and really like it. With the skimmer box it came to almost $200. it's rated to 75 g also. :)

Yeah it is a tad loud, and it takes like 2 weeks to break it in. I was looking at the octopus as well but the reviews swayed me to the aquaC.

no offense to you carey. i just had a terrible experience with the remoras, and aqua-c.
a bad microbubble issue, lack of skimmate (i used it for 6 months and it never got any better) and the annoying slurping sound that sounded like the suction tool at the dentists office. it was so bad we had to put it on a timer so that we could sleep.
this was a 30 gallon cube and the water coming out of it was yellow. there was no reason why the collection cup shouldn't have been full.
about the microbubble issue, aqua-c told me i needed to buy the surface skimmer box. i did, but all that did was take up a large amount of space and the bubbles continued. then they told me they were going to send me some special bubble diffusing material. a couple weeks later i posted my experience on a forum that they must have been monitoring, and 2 days after that i received an envelope in the mail with no words- just a 2 x 2 piece of nylon window screen in it. that didn't work either.

let's face it, 90% (or more) of the skimmer's efficiency is in the pump. how much faith do you have in a skimmer that utilizes a maxijet 1200?

i don't have any experience with the EV series stuff, but i say stay away from the remora and urchin (the same skimmer with a piece of acrylic glued on the bottom to act as a stand).

any of you guys have any experience with the asm brand of insump skimmers specifically the mini g

i think my seaclone has caught on that im replacing it maybe it picked up the wifi connection in my house i woke up this morning and after weeks of tuning and messing with it to no avail i find this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I use the excalibur brand but from what I have heard the octopus brand is the best. It will be the next skimmer I get.

I have the reef octopus 8. It's an in sump setup. It's a little bit large but Wow it works great. It took about a week to get it broken in and adjusted. It makes some really nasty dark green goop. Well worth the money.

I found a Boyu protein skimmer for 70$ anybody have experience with that brand?

Back
Top Bottom