Good Reef Corals to start with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is really low light. They may survive but they will probably have poor colors and grow very slowly. For keeping them long term i'm not sure 40w would be enough. You would want to upgrade to keep any kind of corals

As Pat said they will survive but they wont be happy. I had a rock in my fuge that was covered in zoas. During my upgrade I dropped it in there just to keep it in water. After 4 weeks I was messing about in the fuge and found the rock. They were still opened up though had no color at all. I put the rock in my frag system and after a week they are starting to color up again.

That is really low light. They may survive but they will probably have poor colors and grow very slowly. For keeping them long term i'm not sure 40w would be enough. You would want to upgrade to keep any kind of corals

As Pat said they will survive but they wont be happy. I had a rock in my fuge that was covered in zoas. During my upgrade I dropped it in there just to keep it in water. After 4 weeks I was messing about in the fuge and found the rock. They were still opened up though had no color at all. I put the rock in my frag system and after a week they are starting to color up again.

Thanks Guys I definitely will not take them then..... I already called him up and told him i would wait till i get better lighting I do not want to see them not happy...:D....

Back
Top Bottom