Got Anemone by fedex, what di i do? help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine is open all day in full light, as the sun sets (LEDs), it slowly closes down to its nightly resting spot. If I feed it it closes on the food, then it's more sun bathing.

Same here closes after eating. But It was all closed for first 2 days. I noticed it opens more after 6pm till night.

But at present i have 2 regular compact florescent bulbs that say 13w = 60 watts running.

But people said it will die without the proper light. Doesn't look dying to me right now.
But I am so new to this I may be wrong.

But another day it's looking great.

Attachments

• image-2533391692.jpg
    image-2533391692.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 122
That's def a Condy Nem which costs about $10 dollars. And as for light if you dong wanna shell out alot just buy a T5HO Lighting system from aquatraders.com just don't buy hallide from them. I grow SPS on my 55 with only their 200w system and it looks great. Here's a 4 bulb system that could keep your anemone alive without a problem http://www.aquatraders.com/24-inch-4x24W-T5-Aquarium-Light-Fixture-p/52303.htm and you can even add some mushrooms, zoas, and other med to low light corals as long as you have reef safe fish :) and the fixture is only 65

Ibrahim said:
That's def a Condy Nem which costs about $10 dollars. And as for light if you dong wanna shell out alot just buy a T5HO Lighting system from aquatraders.com just don't buy hallide from them. I grow SPS on my 55 with only their 200w system and it looks great. Here's a 4 bulb system that could keep your anemone alive without a problem http://www.aquatraders.com/24-inch-4x24W-T5-Aquarium-Light-Fixture-p/52303.htm and you can even add some mushrooms, zoas, and other med to low light corals as long as you have reef safe fish :) and the fixture is only 65

Why shouldn't you buy metal halides from them? I was planning too but I guess not LOL

slitherbomb said:
Why shouldn't you buy metal halides from them? I was planning too but I guess not LOL

I have been using metal halides from Aquatraders for 4 years now,first a 36" fixture on a 46 gallon bow front and now a 48 " with 2x 250 watt on a 75 gallon with no problems.People read stuff that is from 7 to 10 years ago and still go by it.
I had a Coralife 36" PC and then got the One from Aquatraders with the MH.Put the two fixtures beside each other and as far as quality and materials if you took the Coralife name off the one fixture you couldn't tell the difference.
Where do you think the Coralife and Marineland fixtures are made?

The problem with the Internet is nothing ever leaves it.

People need to post only information from experience and not from old out of date info.

the anemone is still alive because you have 2 60 watt clfs on a 20 gallon hospital. look at this: T5HO - WPG is not the way to go. - Fish Tank TV with the light where you have it, and amount of wattage, your anemone is getting some pretty good light. now if you move it back to the 30g that would change, but for now you're not killing it. (at least not with lack of light). From a customer service perspective, if you get back at reef spot (i think that was them) and continue to belligerently request to speak to management, and generally cause a fuss, they will refund your money.

oh, and clown fish are immune to anemone stings. Its kinda their thing. :) Watch finding nemo

uh.oh... said:
the anemone is still alive because you have 2 60 watt clfs on a 20 gallon hospital. look at this: T5HO - WPG is not the way to go. - Fish Tank TV with the light where you have it, and amount of wattage, your anemone is getting some pretty good light. now if you move it back to the 30g that would change, but for now you're not killing it. (at least not with lack of light). From a customer service perspective, if you get back at reef spot (i think that was them) and continue to belligerently request to speak to management, and generally cause a fuss, they will refund your money.

Thanks, I will give them a call too.

Ricksreef said:
I have been using metal halides from Aquatraders for 4 years now,first a 36" fixture on a 46 gallon bow front and now a 48 " with 2x 250 watt on a 75 gallon with no problems.People read stuff that is from 7 to 10 years ago and still go by it.
I had a Coralife 36" PC and then got the One from Aquatraders with the MH.Put the two fixtures beside each other and as far as quality and materials if you took the Coralife name off the one fixture you couldn't tell the difference.
Where do you think the Coralife and Marineland fixtures are made?

The problem with the Internet is nothing ever leaves it.

People need to post only information from experience and not from old out of date info.

Yeah, I was reading some forums and it was from 2006 and 2007. They have updated ballasts and I'm going to definitely buy one of their mh fixtures.

Brought lights and sone frozen food. Will post pics in the morning.

Oh frozen food been in my car wrapped in newspaper and tinfoil for 6 hours. Is it still good?? It's cold still

Heera said:
Brought lights and sone frozen food. Will post pics in the morning.

Oh frozen food been in my car wrapped in newspaper and tinfoil for 6 hours. Is it still good?? It's cold still

If it hasn't melted then it's good.

I had hallides from them too. I just didnt like the yellow color and everytime I came to my basement it smelt like something was burning.

Anemone going great. Going to move him in the main tank in the morning hope all goes well.

Any tips/ tricks

Hi everyone again.
Anemone is doing good.

I just saw a small bristle/ fire worm on the rock next to the anemone. Will anemone eat him or worm eat the anemone.????

Heera said:
Hi everyone again.
Anemone is doing good.

I just saw a small bristle/ fire worm on the rock next to the anemone. Will anemone eat him or worm eat the anemone.????

No highly doubt it.. if anything it will eat the bristle..

Back
Top Bottom