Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-04-2011, 12:17 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Mine is open all day in full light, as the sun sets (LEDs), it slowly closes down to its nightly resting spot. If I feed it it closes on the food, then it's more sun bathing.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:03 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Same here closes after eating. But It was all closed for first 2 days. I noticed it opens more after 6pm till night.

But at present i have 2 regular compact florescent bulbs that say 13w = 60 watts running.

But people said it will die without the proper light. Doesn't look dying to me right now.
But I am so new to this I may be wrong.

But another day it's looking great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2533391692.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	42516  

Old 07-04-2011, 02:17 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's def a Condy Nem which costs about $10 dollars. And as for light if you dong wanna shell out alot just buy a T5HO Lighting system from aquatraders.com just don't buy hallide from them. I grow SPS on my 55 with only their 200w system and it looks great. Here's a 4 bulb system that could keep your anemone alive without a problem http://www.aquatraders.com/24-inch-4...re-p/52303.htm and you can even add some mushrooms, zoas, and other med to low light corals as long as you have reef safe fish and the fixture is only 65
Old 07-04-2011, 04:11 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Where did you get the nem from?

uscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Reef spot.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim
That's def a Condy Nem which costs about $10 dollars. And as for light if you dong wanna shell out alot just buy a T5HO Lighting system from aquatraders.com just don't buy hallide from them. I grow SPS on my 55 with only their 200w system and it looks great. Here's a 4 bulb system that could keep your anemone alive without a problem http://www.aquatraders.com/24-inch-4...re-p/52303.htm and you can even add some mushrooms, zoas, and other med to low light corals as long as you have reef safe fish and the fixture is only 65
Why shouldn't you buy metal halides from them? I was planning too but I guess not LOL
Old 07-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks anyways, but I had yes to the nova extreme person. So I will pick that up today.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heera View Post
Thanks anyways, but I had yes to the nova extreme person. So I will pick that up today.

That's what I'm planning on buying too, gonna do a little more research as I have some time yet.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherbomb

Why shouldn't you buy metal halides from them? I was planning too but I guess not LOL
I have been using metal halides from Aquatraders for 4 years now,first a 36" fixture on a 46 gallon bow front and now a 48 " with 2x 250 watt on a 75 gallon with no problems.People read stuff that is from 7 to 10 years ago and still go by it.
I had a Coralife 36" PC and then got the One from Aquatraders with the MH.Put the two fixtures beside each other and as far as quality and materials if you took the Coralife name off the one fixture you couldn't tell the difference.
Where do you think the Coralife and Marineland fixtures are made?

The problem with the Internet is nothing ever leaves it.

People need to post only information from experience and not from old out of date info.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Freak

the anemone is still alive because you have 2 60 watt clfs on a 20 gallon hospital. look at this: T5HO - WPG is not the way to go. - Fish Tank TV with the light where you have it, and amount of wattage, your anemone is getting some pretty good light. now if you move it back to the 30g that would change, but for now you're not killing it. (at least not with lack of light). From a customer service perspective, if you get back at reef spot (i think that was them) and continue to belligerently request to speak to management, and generally cause a fuss, they will refund your money.

oh, and clown fish are immune to anemone stings. Its kinda their thing. Watch finding nemo

Tags
anemone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com