Got my first coral... now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeamTrash

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, I just took the plunge today and purchased some zoanthids. Now I realize that I have no idea what to do with them. They came attached to a round flat rock... am I supposed to take them off of it (if so, how?), or am I supposed to find a way to place this rather large flat rock somewhere in the tank while make it look natural? Kind of hard since there ain't no flat surfaces! Help!!!

You best to leave them on the rock and place then in tank best you can. It is possible tho to frag zoa. A straight razor probably best and get as close to the rock as possible. Maybe don't slice them all off just in case frag doesn't survive. Then you can have some on original Rick to grow out.

But again if no experience with fragging best to keep on original rock. Or maybe YouTube some videos on fragging zoas. Might find something.

Yeah, I'm keeping them on the rock. Fragging sounds like something for a more experienced person... plus I'd probably either kill the zoa or cut off a finger :nono: I did do a water change today, took out all the rocks, gave them a quick scrub and now have a perfect flat spot for the zoa so it doesn't look so odd :D

Back
Top Bottom