Got my first few corals.. few questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where can I find foam guards for hydor koralia evolution 750 and 240?

The BTA just went across the face of the PH and got his foot nipped and blown around the aquarium. I think he's OK though.

And it's my understanding from looking at pictures that the face of the powerhead doesn't get protected anyways, only the sides?

Either way, looking to buy some but can't find them on google for koralias.

I've done ALOT of shopping for stuff and have never run across covers for the koralias. Maybe another brand meant for other ones will work?

Anemones move around because they are unhappy. That anemone looks quite bleached. If you are trying to feed it, give it a super tiny piece of food. it is stressful for them to process large pieces of food.
Light is usually enough for them though and they generally don't need prepared foods.
As stated, i would not try to move it.

The BTA looks bleached? It's looked the same since I've got it. It is eating pieces of silversides now.

Carey, that sucks! Maybe I could make one.

You really dont have to feed them. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. I had one for years and never fed it.

Finally got a good picture of the guy.

img_1723418_0_d5dff52f14ba5bdd62f97a0190de0c00.jpg

Still can't catch my coral beauty though he's white spec'd all over. Can't start my six weeks fishless until he's out of there.
This anemone definitely could use some coloring up.

Oh okay, so I should be looking for him to turn more solid white?
Did not know they didn't have to be fed. Thanks for that info.

My water quality is very good at the moment across the board so I guess I just wait for him to settle?

It's not possible I just have a white one?

Not doubting you, just asking. :) Thank you for the info.

I've seen albino ones come Into the store that I work at. Though they usually aren't that see through. Yours is def stressed out. It may because of the Ick. Have you been monitoring and doing water changes since the Ick outbreak? I would continue feeding it ever 2-3 days but smaller amounts. At least till its not as much see through if that makes any sense. Ps good luck catching the coral beauty, the flashlight at night should work in stunning it for a minute to catch it.

No such thing as an albino bubble tip. They are bleached out from shipping. there are 3 colors, brown, green, and rose. Ich is not going to effect an anemone.

I've seen them with purple bases, white tentacles and green tips and they stay like that for months even with good light and proper feelings. Are you positive there's no other color variations especially now a days with all the gene/color modding they do to bta's to sell them

Not bubble tips. You keep anemones for months and target feed them at your lfs? How does that store stay in business?

We propagate some of the popular ones in our side tanks. And target feed them once a week since they're in the reef tanks that don't get fed.

Ahh, and they never color up? The zooxanthellae are what gives them color. Have you tried different lighting? Can you post some pics of these?

The BTA looks bleached? It's looked the same since I've got it. It is eating pieces of silversides now.

Carey, that sucks! Maybe I could make one.
As Doug already mentioned, that anemone is very bleached. There is no such thing as a white anemone.
Silversides are way too big. When you say you are feeding it pieces, I hope you mean very small pieces. In nature, no large pieces of anything ever reach an anemone. Larger pieces of food would get eaten by other reef fish way before it would have a chance to reach the anemone. I've had my sebae anemone around 8 yrs now and never once directly fed it.

When I get back from vacation I'll get some pics of them. We have the nems in a 8ft long x 2ft wide and the water depth is about a foot deep, theres a T5 ballast that hangs about 2ft above the water. Has 2 daylight bulbs and 2 super blue actinics. the white ones with green tips have never really colored up, the roses stay the same blood red sometimes get a little darker. Then there's our normal light to dark green ones.

That is interesting.
I've been feeding about 1" piece of silversides and it gobbles them up. Guess I'll knock that off then.

Does the condy anemone require direct feeding?

They don't require it, but you can if you like.
It's quite possible the stress of processing the large pieces of food is keeping it from coloring up. I don't know if that's possible, but it's worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom