Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-27-2005, 06:02 PM   #1
zacdl

Got some dechlorinator today- A Question

OK Went to WalMart today, They didnt have any AmQuel, so I got the biggest brand they had, Tetra.

I got Tetra Aqua-Safe, supposedly does the same thing as a lot of other things, Gets rid of cholorine, chloramine, and metals.

Said safe for SW too, so figured it is ok.

I do have one question. When I does the tank does this stuff have to be stirred around with the pumps on? The reason why I ask is I would like to know if I could keep a couple gallons of tap around with this stuff dosed in it, and not having a filter or anything in it. Is it OK just sitting around like that?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to arminkropp
Thats what I've been doing with my FW tank. I keep water about two weeks with the aquasafe in it. No problems yet. You age saltwater for a day or two so that would stir it anyways.

Old 04-27-2005, 08:04 PM   #3
zacdl

I put the rest of the salt that I had (Maybe 10 cups or so) in the tank, I hope its enough for now.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:17 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to arminkropp
Add the salt to the Tank? Or did you age it first?
Old 04-27-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
zacdl

Yea I added the salt to the tank today- I am starting over.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

hey i think of it this way when i treat my water. when i add treatment it is only ment to treat so much per gallon. and if i was to add it to the new water and then almost immediatly poor the new water into the tank, then that will dilloute the treatment to the size of the tank. i leave a my new water in a bucket and stir it a few times and after a good amout of time bout half a day i add it to my tank. and i also let the salt age a bit before i put it into the tank and i use prime to treat my water but i am sure your treatment is just as safe.
hope that makes since and help? have fun with the new tank
Old 04-27-2005, 10:31 PM   #7
zacdl

OK Then when I do water changes or whatever, I will have some pre-salted pre-dechlored water sitting in a container about a week the nit will be aged plenty.

Tags
dechlorinator

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com