Green algee hair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ngiouzelis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Need help! don't know what to do its getting worse everyday any suggestions?

Algae control is normally a long battle. There are 2 articles on algae control in our articles section. Basically, control of nitrate/phosphate and cutting back feeding.

Just added phosphate reactor and cut my feeding to twice a week. And it's been 3 weeks and I have seen no difference yet

Algae is a long drawn out battle, even with assistance. I would keep running the phosphate media and manually remove what algae you can during your next water change.

I started doing weekly water changes of 35 gallons hoping that helps out.

I would recommend RO/DI water to ensure you aren't just putting back in nitrates/phosphates, since even RO water can have these in it. 10% weekly is a minimum when trying to get nuisance algae under control.

That's what I do I have 210g and I have RO/DI how often should I change my filters on my RO?

That depends on what the TDS reading of the water coming out of it is. That might be your problem...if the DI resin is used up and the filters need changed, all the stuff you are trying to remove is getting through.

Back
Top Bottom