green algee over taking coraline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermarvin76

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 50gal tank. Been set up now for about 1 1/2 months. I have added a few pieces of live rock. I am adding Coral-Vital. My Coraline seems to be going away and getiing replaced by green algee, but I hae coraline growing in new places. Would a phosphate remover help??

I think everyone on this site would tell you not to get a Phosphate remover yet, but locate the source of your problem first. What kind of water do you use? RO/DI or tap? Do you have a Phosphate test kit?

Well, I would get a phosphate test and maybe test your RO water. You might want to make sure it's not the source of your problem.

Also, what's your light cycle like? How old is the tank? Size and bioload? Sorry, should have asked those questions first.

more

the tank is about 1 /12 months now. I only have a yellow tang, tomato clown, fire fish, and a few pounds of live rock. Running wet dry with bio balls. 2x 65w powe compact 1 actinic 1 10,000k

How many hours a day do you keep your lights on?

What are your water parameters? (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, pH) I know it's a lot of questions but something is feeding that algae and it needs to be identified before you can get rid of it.

And I don't have any experience with wet/dry filters but everyone here says to ditch the bio balls and go w/ liverock rubble. I'd let someone w/ one of those filters confirm that statement though.

Back
Top Bottom