Green Chromis with dark spots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all,

I have 3 green chromis in a 29 gal tank that has been cycled for about a month. The fish are eating great and actually seem hungry all the time. I noticed last week that right after I turn the lights on, one fish had some dark spots on it. I figured it was nothing since I know most fish have color differences after the lights have been off and the chromis seem to change color any way.

Anyway, I threw some crabs in the tank today after getting some new LR and noticed that the one fish had something attached to it. It looked like an air bubble string. It has since dropped off though but this fish is the only one with the dark spots. The fish have been in the tank almost 3 weeks and I was getting ready to move them to the 75 gal tank I have set up.

I was wonder if this might be some kind of infection and if I should treat the tank? I don't have any meds right now and was wondering what I should use if any?

Any ideas?

It's probably just stressed. Is it the smallest? I have three as well and the smallest gets nervous very easy. He always gets darker spots when this happens. Once he calms down, he's just fine.

Are the spots more of a shaded type look? Like the shimmery green of the body becomes darker kind of blackish gray? If so, I really think it is just stress. All three of my chromis get that way when they get nervous. I just notice it the most often on the little one.

He is still doing fine so I would have to agree. I plane to move them to the main tank with in a week or so. :)

Back
Top Bottom