Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-29-2003, 03:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Green clown gobies

We are still having a hard time deciding what we want to put in the 40 gallon long, we want it to be peaceful fish, would love colorful ones but most of the super colorful fish are either expensive or too large for this tank. Right now all it has in it is the live rock and black sand and turbo snails and hermit crabs and a peppermint shrimp.

We both like the Green clown gobies and have read that they like branching corals, which we already planned on getting a hammer and possibly a frogspawn, both at opposite ends of the tank.

My big question and I'm still trying to do more reading, if I get two green clown gobies will one turn into a female and then they eventually spawn? I've read they will spawn and lay their eggs in the branching corals. Will I have problems having 2 in a 40 gallon long?

Thanks in advance!

Kaurene

Salt4Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 06:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nevermind found my answer, question is now what to house with them :/

Old 07-30-2003, 07:13 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to alrmc4
i love that fish you picked looked ito it myself alas it said they have a tendency to jump please let me know if you find that true when you get yours.
http://www.shutterbugs-gallery.com/forum/portal.php
alrmc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 07:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks, we do too, found out they don't get any bigger than 2" , I haven't read anything about them jumping but that's not surprising most gobies or blennies are known for that, we have a good canopy so I'm not worried about that. But from what I read they like to perch a lot. We couldn't decide if we wanted to go jawfish which we'd hardly ever see or a Coral Goby which wouldn't really swim around much just perch, we decided we like the Coral Gobies and would like to see if we can get them to mate. It will be a while though before we get them, we'd like to do it right, we want to get the lighting right and then the corals and then the gobies, nothing worse than being thrown into an empty house (tank) I want them to be at home when we get them. I'll definately let you know and I will post pics, it maybe a little while though save some $$ for lights, then corals, then fish
Old 07-30-2003, 10:27 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to alrmc4
that is very awesome keep us all posted i think they are adorable(is it ok to call a fish adorable?)
http://www.shutterbugs-gallery.com/forum/portal.php
alrmc4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clown, gobi, gobies

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com