Green Spotted Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BfishLpond78

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So since my large SW tank build is on hold I wanted to give my GSP more attention. Right now hes in a 36 gallon tank and i'm bringing him up to full marine slowly.

Should i get a HOB skimmer for the tank?

Will my HOB filter be enough or should i look into a HOB refugium?

I will be ordering Base rock soon so i can eventually make it live rock.

:thanks:

So you dont think i'll need a skimmer? Hopefully gonna do the conversion over the next few months

No skimmer. Just keep up water changes. Does it need to draw out a couple months. I have known people to do this but don't remembering it taking that long. Where did you research this? I could be wrong. I have never done it. Skimmer is more for corals.

Well i always read conflicting arguments that you should raise it .002 every week and some who have done it in a week or over a few hours through drip aclimation.

BfishLpond78 said:
Well i always read conflicting arguments that you should raise it .002 every week and some who have done it in a week or over a few hours through drip aclimation.

Based on my research and experiences so far; If you already have a cycled SW tank then drip acclimation is prob ok if it's very slow. But if you are switching an established tank to SW also then raising it .002 per week is the best for the fish and bacteria. That way you won't experience a mini/full cycle. I'm in the process of converting my GSPs also with this method as well.

Ya that was my thinking, what is your method for determining on how to raise the salinity? Just a refractometer?

Back
Top Bottom