greenex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkilgore

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looks like we are developing a ich problem on our powder blue and regal tang. Has anybody had any success with greenex?
Our temperature is 82, nitrate is 10, ammonia is 0.25 and nitrite is slightly elevated.
Thanks
Daniela

I haven't used that product before. Any idea why your ammonia/nitrite levels are up? Powder blues are susceptible to ich anyway and the elevated ammonia/nitrite may have stressed them to the point that they contracted the parasites. Any new fish lately? What kind of filtration are you using? Is this a reef tank or a fish only tank?
Edited: :oops: OK, I see from your profile that you provided the info about the tank...somebody (me) was too lazy to look before posting :oops: .
Do you have any inverts in the tank? How about LR? AFAIK, there aren't any effective ich treatments that are safe for inverts. I think the first step is going to be correcting the water parameters though. Your nitrate level is pretty good for this type of tank though. Some members here have reported success with using garlic as a food additive when treating ich.

OK, it still looks like we have ICH, we miss read the chart the ammonia is actually between .25 and .50, and the nitrite is at .1mg. could it be that the ammonia is elevated because we fed our anoemoe, and feather dusters the liquid Kent mirco-vert food (possibly could have put to much in the syringe).
Yes we have LR, a DSB, and 3 shrimp (coral banded, scarlet cleaner, camel) and 3 crabs (2 emeralds, 1 sallylight foot, and 10 blue legged hermits) 1 rock anoemoe, 2 feather dusters, and a green mushroom.
filteration wet dry, UV, protein skimmer.
Greenex is a product of Aquatronics, it contains malachite green, we have read mixed reviews about this product, but the all claim to be invert safe.

thanks again
Brian & Daniela

The ich does not go away immediately, give the elevated temp and some
garlic oil a chance to work, or remove them from the tank to treat them with medication.

Back
Top Bottom