gross slimey algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmetcalf

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone,
I've had my 30gal reef tank up and running for a little over a month now. Im setting up my clean up crew currently. So far: 5 hermit crabs, brittle star, emerald crab, 2 cleaner shrimp, 2 turbo snails.

In terms of equipment, I've got a small power filter, and a protein skimmer being my next purchase. I've got 4x65W 10,000K lamps which are new as of this week.

Just today i noticed a dark red, slimey looking algea on a piece of my live rock. It's got clear bubbles of what looks like air caught in it. I'm assuming this is bad. How can i get rid of it? Is there something that eats it?

I've also got some hairy looking bright green algea that grows on my glass. I've been scraping it off but it just reattaches somewhere else, like my filter, heater, live rock, sand, EVERYWHERE

Im assuming the red stuff is probably a bigger issue that i need to deal with than the green but if i could deal with both at once that would be great. Any ideas?

ah-HA! yea that's definetly it. it's in a spot with little water flow. We'll change that :) Thank you!!

Any ideas for the other stuff?

Back
Top Bottom