Gutted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasonoconnell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my cycling was complete, water parameters looked good and the day was here 2 add my first fish to the tank. Good times!

Went to the LFS and got myself 2 lively looking tank bred clown fish, and a chalkfaced Goby.

Got home, put them in the tank using an acclimatizer, and things were looking good as they began to settle in. Until.....

I noticed a drop of water at the base of my tank, opened the door to find the whole underside was flooded! As I looked into it, it looked like my skimmer pump had toppled off its mount and cracked the sump bottom. I now am the proud owner of a 2 foot crack in my sump :0(

Bad times!

Its a new sump without question. The guys at my LFS have kindly loaned me a 4ft tank to act as a temporary sump while the new one is made.

Getting the old one out was challenge enough, getting a new one back in will be the same, as the main tank is 6ft wide. Gonna need me some vertical jacks to take the weight while new sump is loaded in.

This I could do without, but, at least my new fish are doing well, and the live rock will be doing its job for sure.

Is the tank glass or acryllic. My sump went in after the tank was set up. Actually I replaced my wet/dry converted to sump to a real sump. I found that what I thought was a center brace for my glass tank was really only a door stop. It was knocked out with a piece of wood and a hammer and put back in after the sump was replaced.

Back
Top Bottom