H.O.B. Sump???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neeker4

Aquarium Advice Activist
check with thincat, his sump is a behind the tank slim fit type thing I beleive

Those always seemed like a lot of money for not much real estate. how many Lbs of LR do you have?

I don't have my tank set up yet. I just bought a 29g tank and 24#LR. The LR should arrive later this week, Friday hopefully, and it will all be set up. I thought this H.O.B. filter might be worth it as a way to add a little bit more filtration and an area to put chaeto, or something of the sorts... Is this a bad idea?

Nope thats the best thing to do with them! A lot of people just assume though that they are going to filter out everything bad instantly.

I plan on doing PWC every week or every other week depending on what I decide to put in it, and letting all the living micro-organisms that live in the tank do most of the work as it is more natural. This H.O.B. filter will be for a little piece of mind. I found the same one but only 10" shorter for $80 and purchased it. When it gets here I'll set it up and let you all know how it works out.

Filter.jpg
Here is a rough pic of my HOB filter. I would like to know what to put and where to put it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would start by just stuffing it with cheato and see if you need to add anything else. Natural solutions are usually the best.

Back
Top Bottom