HA Hitchhiker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zuppie2000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just started my first saltwater tank I got the salt to stabilize so I went to the LFS to get some live rock to help cycle the tank found a nice peace for the tank lots of little holes and such with a little bit of plant life on it so the guy bagged it up I went home (30 min drive) I placed the rock in the tank and then to my amazement a little half inch yellow tail damsel came swimming out of a hole!!! dam thing held its breath for about an hour ! so what should I get to feed this little guy?

Marine flakes, vitamin fortified brine or mysis shrimp. That is one lucky fish.

LOL!! Thats a heck of a hitchhiker! Definitely use the stuff melosu58 recommended, My Blue & Gold Damsel likes Formula One Pellets as well.

I did. But my LFS put a piece of LR in a bag of water for me to take home. When I got home he was out of the rock and swimming in the bag. After 5 yrs he is still with me. Was yours in water or dry. Here he is

Attachments

• 100_1230_791.jpg
    100_1230_791.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 35
I had a brittle star hitch hike on a piece of LR from my LFS.

Haha that is awesome. I bought a msuhroom rock a couple months ago and after the guy bagged it and put it on the counter I saw this little emerald crab in there with it. I pointed it out to him and he was like free emerald crab. So that was cool.

Wa.. many type of extra gift with LR. I thought I's lucky to get a snail & feather duster worm. I wrongly pulled out the flower but it seems still alive.

well the LR is covered with Feather dusters and bubble allege thats why I bought when I got home the fish and a snail were the extra gift

Beware damsels are very nasty fish and not easy to remove once you add rock etc. They will often harass other fish relentlessly. You may want to take it back to a LFS if you plan on keeping other less aggressive fish. They may even give you store credit for it.

thanks I am not sure how meny or what type of fish I will end up putting in the tank I am leaning twords less fish and more inverts.

I've never gotten fish. Snails, feather dusters, mushrooms, etc.

Back
Top Bottom