Had coraline algae sinse 3 weeks already..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sephirot

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well i started my cycle like 1 1/2 month ago and like my sand was brown then pink.. and i had pink sand and on live rocks fro like 3 weeks alread. that means the cycle is done? cause i heard people like haveing it.. and its called coraline algae. soo whats wrong? is it okay to keep it? or will it leave alone? or what?

sephirot said:
Well i started my cycle like 1 1/2 month ago and like my sand was brown then pink.. and i had pink sand and on live rocks fro like 3 weeks alread. that means the cycle is done? cause i heard people like haveing it.. and its called coraline algae. soo whats wrong? is it okay to keep it? or will it leave alone? or what?

Do you have a cuc?

If it's fuzzy and slimy that's not coralline, that's cyanobacteria. I don't know of many stories where coralline grows on sand.

What are your water parameters? That's the best way to see if you're cycle is done, really the only definitive way IMO

Turn off your lights for 3 to 4 days (I don't think that you have any corals or inver) try to buy some snails (turbo if you have the chance) they will take care of that.
When you are cycling your tank you are not suppose to turn your lights.

Back
Top Bottom