Currently dealing with a hair algae outbreak.
Everything was perfect until I added a bunch of sps
corals and a few new fish.
I thought my water needed a bit more waste to feed the corals so I was feeding a lot more than twice per week for 2 -3 weeks.
Now I have hair algae covering most of the live rock, really pissing me off !
I tested for nitrate and phos , both are nearly undetectable, I guess that's because the algae is using it up?
I have a fine sand substrate that got re arranged due to 2 power heads falling off the glass over night , could that have caused an issue? my power heads are suction b/c my glass is 7/8 thick.
So now I'm not sure whether i need to take out all the rock and scrub everything down or is there something else I can do to get rid of the algae?