hammer head coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Red44

Aquarium Advice Freak
I I got a hammer head coral frag today and right now he's up high with medium to high flow is that good place or should I move him? And I also got gps rock it's placed medium level with medium to high current is it alright there ?

LPSl like the hammer likes a low to medium flow. The greens star polyps usually will spread very well in higher flows.

Red44 said:
I I got a hammer head coral frag today and right now he's up high with medium to high flow is that good place or should I move him? And I also got gps rock it's placed medium level with medium to high current is it alright there ?

Doesn't need high lighting either...

I have my hammer very close to the sandbed, and its growing like a champ.

Ok should I move it while moonlights are on or wait till Tom?

with hammer corals you have to be careful, if the flow is to high you can actually pull the flesh of its skeleton

Hi I posted a few pics I'll take a better photo when the lights are on I put him on a lower level I hope he gets a enough light

Attachments

• image-4173234451.jpg
    image-4173234451.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1856327159.jpg
    image-1856327159.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 111
  • image-429459445.jpg
    image-429459445.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 115
Red44 said:
Hi I posted a few pics I'll take a better photo when the lights are on I put him on a lower level I hope he gets a enough light

I have candy cane and radioactive trumpets. They are under a overhang. You should be good.

Thxs hammer looks better were I put him Now

I got my first hammer 2 months ago. I have a 24" deep 125 gallon tank and I put mine on a rock at the bottom center of the tank. It seems super happy there, and is sprouting 2 baby heads at its base already for what its worth.

Back
Top Bottom