Hang-on-back Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solidsnakejv

Aquarium Advice Activist
When I first decided to start a saltwater aquarium i decided that at one point i would get a Mandarin, but i stopped myself because i took the advice from people saying not to get one until the tank was mature and i got a refugium. I'm currently running a 90 gallon with a wet and dry filter. i was thinking of adding a HOB refugium for pods, but they are kind of expensive. Is there anyway to turn my wet and dry into some sort of refigium where pods could successfully breed.

Wet Dry Filter - How Wet Dry Filters Work

That's the filter that i have. I still have the bio balls there, but i plan on removing them little by little. i know im going to need a light down there and i currently have the remora HOB skimmer going into the middle compartment. I Obviously have the return pump in the last compartment. Would i be able to do something to it, or should i just get a HOB refigium?

you can make a small refugium out od an aquaclear 70 or 110. it won't be the biggest refugium but it'll suit its purpous.
is your sump is large enough you can dedicate a section of it for a refugium or have holes drilled in the side to extend to a nother small tank made for one

you can make a small refugium out od an aquaclear 70 or 110. it won't be the biggest refugium but it'll suit its purpous.
is your sump is large enough you can dedicate a section of it for a refugium or have holes drilled in the side to extend to a nother small tank made for one

I was actually thinking about the Aquaclear option. I have a 110, but that would mean that i would have to put it in the wet and dry filter. Because the Aquaclear is too thick for me to fit it behind the tank and the tank is way too heavy. There wouldn't be a problem with the pods having to go through the return pump? right.

no you set up a screen and it should be fine.

theres a series on youtube call LA fish guys, in episode 80 he works on a 500 gallon reef and in one of the parts they change out the sump on it and it has a second chamber for his refugium.

i can't rememebr with part it is i think 4 or 5

Back
Top Bottom