Hanging lights over my 92g corner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjh302

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anybody help me come up with a solution on how to hang my Chinese sh!tboxes over my corner tank? Ceiling is not an option. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

As defined by a Facebook group,"the Chinese LED's bought on eBay the are very inexpensive but grow incredible corals. They are the Sh!t!!"

people use bended conduit piping, paint it black, drill it into the back of the stand. look up conduit light hanging for reef on google im sure youll find lots. Also a flowerpot hanger off the wall would work too.

hanging plant hangers work good
img_3075557_0_3a6d4cd64abf3f8264619c41946662af.jpg

My problem is its in the corner and I can't find hangers long enough to get the lights out there.

Some conduit from a hardware store attached to the back of the stand is probably going to be your best bet then. Most places will bend it for you for free too

Do you think my really thin, cheaply made stand could handle it? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414348753.400007.jpg

Thin and cheaply made would not be something I want holding up ~1000lbs......

Its not what I want but it's what came with the tank. I'm trying to strategize on how to beef this thing up a bit. Problem is I can't slide it out. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414349084.657710.jpg

Two 1x3's hold up the back corner of the tank. I've seen these brand new in the store and they are exactly the same way. I don't get how such little wood can hold up all of this weight.

Back
Top Bottom