hardy corals to check in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pyithar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello. this is my first post here. :) first of all, where i live (burma aka myanmar), there is no marine fish/corals shop. i have a 50 gallon DT with a sump and refugium with some chaeto and DSB running for 5 months. i also have a wild caught clarkii clown that i bought from a fisherman. anyway, i'm currently visiting thailand where there're plenty of marine shops. as i'm still a newbie, i'm staying away from the sps corals. so the softies and LPS corals that are available at those shops and i like are..zoanthids, palythoas, mushrooms, green star polyps, xenia, frogspawn, hammer, sun polyps, green goniopora. i'm buying 3 or 4 corals out of above mentioned 9 corals 2 hours before i check in. i'll put them in plastic bags, which goes into plastic food saver boxes which goes into temperature retaining bags then into my check in luggage. they'll probably have to stay in the bags for up to 6 hours. so my question is, which ones should i get? which corals are hardy enough to withstand the transportation? and how should i bag those corals (with or without water)? thank you in advance for your help. i'm sorry that i probably took too much of your time with my long paragraph :D

Zoanthids, palythias, mushrooms, and green star polyps are your best choices. Xenia seems to be difficult when shipping

thanks! i'll take home these four then. i want the xenia also but since it doesn't ship well i'll skip it this time. i've read some people shipping zoanthids wrapped in wet newspapers but there'd be no harm putting them in bags full of water, right? that's what i saw on the youtube videos anyway. :thanks:

thanks! i'll take home these four then. i want the xenia also but since it doesn't ship well i'll skip it this time. i've read some people shipping zoanthids wrapped in wet newspapers but there'd be no harm putting them in bags full of water, right? that's what i saw on the youtube videos anyway. :thanks:

I would definitely have them submerged in water.

Back
Top Bottom