Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #131
Aquarium Advice Addict

I believe that type of fish has far more to do with the amount of fish then the size. I was just trying to help you keep your numbers low so as not to lose fish due to overcrowding.

Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:11 AM   #132
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thincat View Post
Saltwater fish are more territorial than fw fish. They will stress out the more timid fish and cause it to die from ich or just stress. A mandarin needs a large tank because it just eats copepods and they are very slow feeders. Clowns are Damsels and are very territorial when paired up and will kill all other clowns unless in a very large tank. IMO
I agree with TC. These fish are more delicate and different to their river and lake cousins.

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:42 AM   #133
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to harmy4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by thincat View Post
Saltwater fish are more territorial than fw fish. They will stress out the more timid fish and cause it to die from ich or just stress. A mandarin needs a large tank because it just eats copepods and they are very slow feeders. Clowns are Damsels and are very territorial when paired up and will kill all other clowns unless in a very large tank. IMO
Im a little confused here. Are you telling me this in refrence to something i said or just giving me facts about these fish. Just trying to figure out tje context behind this post.

I only want one pair of clowns. So there wont be any other clowns for them to pick on. And the madirian is a long term project. I plan on putting copepods on the mt and in the fuge/sump and letting the population grow for 6-9months before adding the fish. This isnt a fish to get as soon as the cycle is done.
fan of http://www.reefcleaners.org/
harmy4993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:23 AM   #134
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just facts Harmy.

You could get a tank bred ORA Mandarin that are coming soon. They are trained to eat mysis and the like making a large tank unecessary.

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:37 AM   #135
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmy4993 View Post
Im a little confused here. Are you telling me this in refrence to something i said or just giving me facts about these fish. Just trying to figure out tje context behind this post.

I only want one pair of clowns. So there wont be any other clowns for them to pick on. And the madirian is a long term project. I plan on putting copepods on the mt and in the fuge/sump and letting the population grow for 6-9months before adding the fish. This isnt a fish to get as soon as the cycle is done.
I am only telling you about SW fish as it is with my experience. Saltwater fish are expensive and it is far better that you learn from my mistakes then for you to loose alot of money and animals. Believe me I am not preaching to you in any way.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #136
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to harmy4993
Sorry if i sounded snipity which im sure i did. Im supertired andi wasnt sure if i said some thingor miss typed something that hinted i was overstocking or something. I kinda know what i want but i dont want to over stock. Im just not sure what my overstock level will be.

Im between 75 and 90 gallons of water with prolly 75 pounds light very porius rock.115 gallon of space total between mt..fuge...sump.

I would like a clown pair. A goby pair or a goby and a blenny, a madrian and maybe tang. The tang is the one maybe on the list. The other 5 are for sures.
fan of http://www.reefcleaners.org/
harmy4993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #137
Aquarium Advice Addict

That to me sounds like it should work. (with the tang) And as Mitchell said ORA Mandarins would be a nice thing to get... maybe even a pair as they would not rely on copepods for survival.
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #138
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, I believe that the ora mandarins are worth the wait. I sure am waiting. The thing is that they can't compete with other fish for food and you might have to make a feeding station like Melvins reef did.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #139
AA Team Emeritus

Me too, I can't wait for them. I have a feeling they are going to be super expensive though
Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice Addict

You're right, and I'm sure they will sell out imediately too. I can feel the buzz already...

Tags
75g, build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com