Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-31-2010, 11:29 PM   #201
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmy4993 View Post
Im guessing the tang is my only questin mark? The order looks right? I know the mandarin is a shy fish and should prolly go before the clown but really want a good pod population before i get it.
You could jump start the pods by adding some live pods that would really help your populations going.

Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #202
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to harmy4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmaster View Post
You could jump start the pods by adding some live pods that would really help your populations going.
Thats the plan. Once the cycle finishes, i plan on getting a small clean up crew. And get the fuge running adding cheato and some pods. Then get the first fish and wait a month or 2 pick up some zoas and my second fish

fan of http://www.reefcleaners.org/
harmy4993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:26 AM   #203
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Also i believe im starting to see some diamote(spelling) algae. Good sign
Old 08-01-2010, 12:47 AM   #204
Aquarium Advice Addict

Diatom, is how it is spelled.. That's awesome.
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:55 AM   #205
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Lol ya thats it. Had a brain freeze
Old 08-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #206
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Smile We have simalure setups

Hi, my name is Isaac, first post here, first time ever on this forum, and I have realy enjoyed sitting here for the past hr or so reading from page one of your progress. Not new to salt water myself, but was out of it for serveral years after my last setup was in a house fire and wiped out. Anyway, back to present day, I now have the same tank u have, minus the sump which iam contimplating building one, anyway reason I'm posting is because you want the same fish I have lol
I have a pair of Perc clowns, and beleave it or not aganst what the LFS told me (remember I'm not new to this, was just rusty) I actuly STARTED my tank with then, after a good two cycling months with all the old (then dryed and cleaned) from years ago, a few treatments of biozime, and some new (live) rock, that was going on a year ago, I also have a scooter blenny, a magenta pcrom (spelling unsure?) and also a 4-1/2"ish blue hippo tang (yes in a 75) with no probs! Had him for about 5 months now!
Also have a bunch of floesent green star polyps, a giant featherduster, and a couple turbo snails.

I am running an ehiem canister(with carbon which I change once a month), and 2 power head pulling full ugf, (plans to change to
rugf)
that's it, now with all that said, I also do 10% water changes about every 5-7 days, with ro.
Sorry to blab on, I just wanted to give some positives to having a hippo in there, and maybe give you some insite to someone that has the same sized tank with most of the same fish u want.
hope this helps and I'm tagging along! Keep up the greatwork!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #207
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Tangs

Also forgot to mention I had good luck years ago with a smaller hippo in my old 40g fowlr
Old 08-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #208
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Welcome to aa.glad to have you here.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:52 AM   #209
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks for taking the time to read the whole thread. Not alot of exciting stuff. But can give a look at setting up a tank.

I guess i do believe a blue tang can be kept in a 75 and i think it can live a good life. Alot of people do it. Just gotta google blue tang and 75 gallon to see it can be done.but i do very much respect peoples opinion here. What i can say i wont attempt to try it till im comftable with saltwater. This is my first saltwater tank. And i dont want to go looking for trouble. If the time comes where i feel confident ill look into it a little more.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:35 AM   #210
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hmm test results.

Ammonia 0ppm yellow

Nitrites no2 2.0 ppm. Not a big shade of purple diffrence between 2 and 5 but im pretty sure it was at 2

Nitrates no3 20ppm orange for a min i thought was going to be at 40 ppm but it stopped at 20.

Tips on cleaning salt creep? Got it on the front of my tank. No biggie. But on the top brace and corners. Is it bad if it falls back into tank? Thats what im worried about

Tags
75g, build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com