Has anyone used?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone used Petcos already made saltwater? If so is it worth it? I am starting to get supplies for my 3 gallon Pico and seeing I really don't have the space for a mixing station or mixing bucket. I saw it today in my Petco and seeing they have it on sale I was wondering if it was worth it. Thank you

It's just expensive, if you had a lfs ask about ro/di water with salt mixed. I know some places are further then others but it's a difference in $1 gal for ro/di salt mix and $3 gal

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It is on sale for $10.00 for 5 gallon bucket. My LFS is $4.00 a gallon for premixed and 0.75 cents a gallon for RODI water.

When you look at those prices an ro unit pays for itself very quickly. Just my $.02 though

If you have the upfront $ or room for ro unit, sorry to hear tour lfs is so high one near us is .50 ro and 1.oo for ro w/salt mixed

I have one just no place to hook it up. I had a 500 gallon reef before I had to move last year so I have a RODI unit and testing equipment.

Unfortunately no I live in a 1 br apartment with a galley kitchen and there no room under the sink for it. Or above for that matter. I am gonna travel this weekend to a LFS an hour away that supposedly specialize in Saltwater and see how much they are.

Ouch on hour away, I know a lot if ppl express ro/di unit but some of us don't have the room, lol what I plan to do once my tank is set to go is get 30 gal mixed with salt from lfs bring it to temp and such while I get live rock and sand situated then keep 2 5 gal buckets of plain ro/di in back hall so there one to be mixed day before water change and anothe emergency 5 gal ready to go, but my tank will be 30 gal so that's my weekly change

I found a place today the premixed is $1.25 a gallon and non mixed is 0.75 cents and there tanks where beautiful :). Now it's time to decide on how much rock I either want 5lbs fully cured $10 a lb or a mix of dry and live. I may just upgrade to a 10 gallon that way I have more play room. And if I do that I will do 12 lbs dry and 4 lbs fully cured live. Either way I am doing a DBS I had one on my 500 gallon and loved it and never loss any stock. And the new owner has yet to lose any ;).

Back
Top Bottom