Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Has my Bubble anemone eaten my clown fish

Hello there

I'm looking for abit of advice. I recently added a mushroom leather and a bubble anemone. I thought the would be perfect to host my 4 clown fish which I have had for about 2 month. I only placed them in the tank yesterday and they were looking settled and relaxed this morning before I went to work. I got home tonight and noticed two of my smaller clown fish are missing. They are usually is one corner of the tank where I can see them but they are nowhere. I cant see any dead bodies or anythin!! The other two clown fish are 'hosting' the anemone perfectly no problems with anemone moving it seems happy. Is is possible my bubble anemone has eaten them?

Old 06-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What size tank do you have? Where they in pairs? Do you see the anemone spitting out white goo?

Old 06-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have a 200litre tank, the clown fish are two different species and they were both in pairs (according to fish store) I've not noticed any White goo as yet I will keep watching to see if I can see anything thanks
Old 06-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That tank is way to small for 4 clownfish. You can have other fish but not another pair of clownfish. clownfish are extremely territorial so would could have happened is the other pair of clownfish were in there territory and they could have killed them or they could have tricked them to go into the anemone as food for it if they were hosting it. However if there is no dead fish bodies or white goo in the tank I am puzzled.
Although what kind of filter do you have?
Old 06-10-2011, 04:52 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I've found one of them. He was in my sump but I think the other one may be stuck in my drainage pipe as the water flow is not as strong. I've given the one clown fish to a friend as he may get attacked like you said. Thank you for your help :0)

Tags
anemone, bubble, clown, clown fish, eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com