After hours of research, I've compiled a couple of questions I still have about brine shrimp and the hatching of them. Any help would be appreciated, and as always:
(NOTE: I have the San Francisco Bay Brine Shrimp eggs *supposedly their hatch rate is decent)
1) Do i need to freeze the eggs? Right now they are in a air-tight vial and I've read online that if you put them in a freezer they last longer.
2) When I finish hatching the eggs and I use an oral syringe to siphon the live brine shrimp, how will I put them in a freshwater tank?
(ETC: How do I rinse the brine shrimp before I put it in my tank? Do I put them in a separate container of fresh water?)
3) When is it best to start feeding these suckers to my fish? (24 hours?)
4) Will decapsulating them make the hatch rates higher?
5) If I decapsulate them, is it okay to just feed the eggs and not even worry about having them alive anymore?
Once again, thank you all!