Have decided. Here's my new tank set up plans.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Upgrading from a 72g Oceanic bow and stand with 4x65 PCs, 20 sump/wtih skimmer to the following:

155 AGA black bowfront
175 Oceainc black oak stand & canopy/hood (14" canopy)
72" Coralife Pro retro fit lighting - 4x96PC & 3 x 150 MH
Coralife 1270 gph Turbo Sea pump
Reefugium 100m - or comparable, and miracle mud set up. MOre likely to have one made for me - somewhere between the size of the 100m and the 200m.
NO Skimmer is the current plan. See write-up on the Reefugium here...
http://www.foryourfish.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/FYF-MME9.htm

For water movement, I'm thinking two 3/4" Sea Swirls, shown here...
http://www.sea-swirl.com/

If anyone is familiar with these, should I consider 1" Sea swirls instead?

Most likely will do a 25w UV, but only run it 1 of 7 days.

Thoughts? Comments?

BTW, already ordered the tank, stand, canopy, light, and pump. Had to rush to get my retailer buddy's sale price (from the wholesaler) on the stand. $3,100 so far.

I wouldn't go skimmerless. I have the ecosystem refugium with the mud which was researched extensively before buying and I still decided to have a skimmer. I spoke to a guy who sets up all his clients with the ecosystem miracle mud fuges, which he loves and swears by, but from experience, he says, in the long run, you want that skimmer as well.

I'm concerned about that too. My current skimmer may be undersized for the upgrade (Top Fathom 100A), but I'm hoping it would work for this set up since I still shouldn't have to rely too heavily on one.

Is your skimmer mounted inside your Reefugium or the outside? I'm thinking I'll have plenty room underneath the cabinet either way.

BTW, what footprint does the system take under the satnd? What size left to right, and front to back. Not too worried about the height, but anything you got would help. Got pics?

hey,

I can try and get ya pics of my system. Mines not the exact same as the one you're talking about. mine is the 2410.
The measurements are on that page. I have my skimmer (remora) hung of it. my tank is a 46G.

Ryan

pics for ya:

Attachments

• img_1685b_853.jpg
    img_1685b_853.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 15
  • img_1686b_171.jpg
    img_1686b_171.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 18
  • img_1687b_105.jpg
    img_1687b_105.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 18