Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #31
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I'd remove the one. Other looks like it is doing great.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have been reading constantly about this because I hate to give up. I noticed the "bad nem" looked torn around the base, in my reading I found that maybe the substrate could be causing that with also being stressed. I believe the "bad nem" was having trouble locating the live rock in my tank. I took a small piece and moved it close to the foot of the nem and last night it looked like he was attaching to it. I woke up this morning, the nem has moved. The body looks good and the tentacles are full. Right now I'm thinking he was stressing to find a spot.

I have turned off 1 power head (on his side of the tank)encouraging it to get comfortable and plant his foot. I'm hoping the LED lights come in tomorrow so I can remove that from the equation. But I think that he is still healthy and now has located the live rock so maybe he is searching for a spot.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
I wouldn't remove either yet. I would also not turn off power heads. If it's because of them, when you turn them back on, it will be stressed all over again.
Turn those LEDs way down in the beginning. It took me months to acclimate a long tentacle anemone to them.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

LED's finally came in!!!! I am going to try to mount them this evening. The ones I bought are not a dimmable version, they are either on or off. Plan on hanging them from the ceiling with the mounting kit as well as a chain and "S" hook. My question is this... Should i hang them higher from the water so they are not as intense? then slowly lower them to where they will end up?

I do not have a top on my tank so i dont think I can lay bug shields or mesh material to help reduce light.

On a side note, over the past week the anemone has moved and positioned himself on the backside of my live rock. During the daytime he is full and a healthy looking color, I feed him a small piece of krill yesterday and he took it well. Is there anything I can do other than move the rock to get him in constant view. I am at work now, i will post a picture when I get home.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Yes, that's what I would do. Either that or do the window screen method (buy a roll of window screen and cut it in squares to fit over the tank. Use 3 layers or so. Remove one layer a week.
You could easily place this over your tank, and just tape the edge or something in a couple spots to hold it in place. It's only going to be temporary.

You really have no guarantee that if you move the rock so you can see him, he will stay there. Try to mimic the flow and lighting in the back of the tank with out front. This way, it may like the front of the tank better.

Tags
anemone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com