hawaiian feather duster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

makana

Aquarium Advice Activist
i just go one and it seems to be doing okay. do they like direct flow? it looks like its happy, but its "feathers" are not splayed out as i usually see them, they are blowing around in the direct flow. is this ok?

TIA!

I have several FD,and mine are all in moderate to low flow. Their feathers remain open most of the times. The fact that your "feathers" are not splayed out is an indication that its not happy in direct flow as you may think.

if you want it on the rock make sure you have it on the rock you want cuz you may not be able to move it once it attaches itself to it. i have one that is fine in the substrate but once i get a good piece of rock to put him on he will be on that.

if you want it on the rock make sure you have it on the rock you want cuz you may not be able to move it once it attaches

Ain't that the truth. I wanted to move mine a bit after moving a few rocks around, but he's stuck on to a rock now and he's ot moving.

BTW, I had two, the one in the strong current died. Coincidence, perhaps, but its replacement will go in a lower-current area, just in case.

i moved mine to "mushie grove" a couple nights ago and it seems MUCH happier! thanks so much for the input!!!
do blue-legged hermits mess with these worms? it looks like my hermits mess with everything somewhat, but can they harm it?

thanks!

Not sure about blue legs, but I'm now convinced that peppermint shrimp are no friends of dusters and vitrually anything new in a tank that is stressed.

Mine are banished to the fuge, that is, as soon as i can catch the second one.

yes peppermints caused major problems in my tank too. they ate ALL my ricordia! yuma AND florida :'( plus they harassed my serpent star too!
those peppermints are bad news for a reef IMO.

everything else AHAHAHAHAH
my CBS ate my soft corals quite a bit. i dont like that species in a reef IMO.
featherduster looks great! tentalces splayed oout as far as the eye could see!

sorry not yet - please be patient...soon....
and ill post some of my baby Tridacna maxima clams, Pavona sp. frag, Acropora sp. frags, and my 3" T. derasa clam. patience....
for now check out my member gallery...post some comments :)
once my gf visits with her digi cam pics will be posted...

Hey i have a massive coral banded shrimp and 3 small peppermint shrimps. So far they havent atacked each other (after about a week). I got the shrimps because i have a big pest anemone problem im trying to resolve. So far the shrimps havnt touched them as far as i can tell but my big feather duster is still in good shape. Glad i read this post so i can keep an eye on everything.

YOur big duster may be safe. I was more concerned about my numerous small ones that came in on the LR. For now I'll just feed the pep so he doesn't get too hungry. Feed him, that is, unitl I catch him!!

yeah i have three pepermints and i saw them eating a new ricordia mushroom the other day so a coral banded shrimp will get rid of them for me

Back
Top Bottom