Hawkfish Vs Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefmaster

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey, i just bought an arc eyed hawkfish and whenever my gold stripe maroon clownfish goes out of my anemone it tryes to attack it. I feed it every day. But im suprised a new tank mate would attack a tank mate thats been in there for 1-2 months. Are hawkfish known as aggressive?

I know some tend to be I have one and my buddy has one Ares are peaceful. I know you are supposed to place them in your tank last because they get very territorial

Suprising...how big is your clown. I have heard hawkeyes will go after some inverts and can be territotial as mentioned above, but the maroon can be pretty nasty itself. I would have thought the aggression would be the other way around. :roll:

I would match my maroons up with just about any reef safe fish out there and would be worried about the other fish.

Yeah when I first read this post I though the Clown was going after Hawkfish. I have a Falcon in with a percula and my buddy had his with 2 Pink Skunks. Umm how big is your tank and how much LR is in there

infi

i have a 30 gallon tank with about 45 pounds of live rock. My hawkfish cant get to my clownfish becasue he just hides in his anemone. :D

Back
Top Bottom