Head's 29G BIOCUBE build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead108

Aquarium Advice Regular
So... hello everyone i have the tank set up with a shrimp decaying in it to start the cycle. I plan on getting the api master saltwater test kit. Do i need any additional tests to go with these?

there will be many questions to come so thank you in advance!(y)

For starters the API test kit should be just fine. You will need the kit though for your cycle so you might wanna pick it up sooner than later/ :)

In the future, after you get a bunch of corals you will most likely want to invest in the following kits: calcium, alkalinity, magnesium and phosphates. I personally do not like the API versions of the above tests, not accurate enough and hard to test, I went with salifert kits, a bit more money but definitely worth it in my opinion.

Good luck and post away when you need to!

Great advice above! I also wanted to put in that a nice coral dip like Coral RX will help to rid your pieces of pests. :)

Good catch redsea! Thats a must have for corals. And while we are at it a refractometer for your salinity is a great idea too, the swing arms are very sketchy most times. LOL

And lastly, use ro/di water!! Saves you some headaches later on!

There are plans for an ro/di unit very soon because we know its better for the long run. We will look into the refractometer. My dad did the rockscape but i know it will change everyday for the next 2 weeks haha.

2q0pzqo.jpg

alqgrk.jpg

Thats some really pretty rock! When you scape just try to leave room on the sides for a mag float to get by. Learned that one the hard way/ lol

Thats some really pretty rock! When you scape just try to leave room on the sides for a mag float to get by. Learned that one the hard way/ lol

ok ill tell my dad. he just changed it again ha. how much would a good refractometer cost? there is one on Foster/Smith for around 40 or one for 100.

Hydrometers, Refractometers, & Salinity Monitors for Saltwater Reef and Marine Aquarium Testing

are there any other good sites to look for them or good brands to look for?

Back
Top Bottom