Heater Help !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JsQuid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know of a good heater that will be able to function well in a 20 long sump with a 40 breeder above it? Since the sump is small, the sections are all roughly 9 inches and I'm having a hard time finding a heater? If the heater is a bit too long to fit, is it okay for the access amount to be out of the water?

Personally, I'd go with two smaller heaters instead of trying to stuff one large one in there..... that way if one dies, you still have another one running that's able to keep up, or at least prevent excessive cooling until you can replace the other one. I'd probably go with either a pair of 75w or 100w, depending on your average ambient temperature.

Yeah that's what I want to do. However, I'm having a hard time finding a heater under or 9 inches in length! Any ideas or links?

The smallest one is nearly 10 inches. It won't fit in my sump chamber, does it have to be completely submerged to function properly?

The smallest one is nearly 10 inches. It won't fit in my sump chamber, does it have to be completely submerged to function properly?

At 1" depth, that's how water temp is measured. The deeper, the different, so 1" below your water is your placement of a thermometer in a tank

Okay so If I'm understanding correctly, the entire heater doesn't have to be submerged?

When measures from corner to corner, it's roughly over 13 inches. Which wattage would you suggest?

Okay I'm going to order Eheim Jäger from Petmountain.com They have the 100 watt for 23.99$ ? Is there any difference in model Tom this one, and the one on BRS?

I ask because the model numbers are different? Im thinking one is newer than the other? Also in need of an all around test kit. Any suggestions ?

Okay I'm going to order Eheim Jäger from Petmountain.com They have the 100 watt for 23.99$ ? Is there any difference in model Tom this one, and the one on BRS?

I take it you are talking about LFS stores?? No there is no diff

Hanna checker doesn't offer one that tests all components...

Back
Top Bottom