Heater placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently bought a Won Brothers titanium heater. Since it is longer than my heater now, I will have to find another place for it as I currently have my heater now leaning in my sump...sort of standing up if you will.
SO my question is on titanium heaters, is it just the metal part of the heater that needs to be submerged or do the caps on the end of the heater have to be as well.
Secondly, can I put this heater along side some macro in my fuge? It will be touching the macro and this doesnt matter if it kills some..just curious..

But does it tocuh anything such as the macro in your fuge? I think my heater is to tall as the rubber tips of the heater stick out of the water...does this matter?

You'll be fine with the heater touching the algae. As for having part sticking out of the water... I don't know. It may be an issue over time as the material outside the water will be a different temp than inside. Can you angle it in so that the whole thing is submerged?

I think I will just stick it in the main fuge area and shove it down into the macro. I dont see how the macro would be done any harm for sure.
Thanks

Yes its submersible...Its just that my sump isnt tall enough for my heater to stand up in the water or even lean from one side to the other and still be sumerged. The end rubber cap on one end sticks out. So Im going to lay the heater hortizontally in my sump next to my macro.

Back
Top Bottom