heater question.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigford84

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi i have a 200w pro heat heater with the seperate thermostat and want to know where in the sump i should put it.. my sump is a 30 gal 3 chamber for my 55 gal fowlr . 1st is intake with skimmer 2nd is fuge 3rd is return. but where in the sump should it go,and should the thermostat go it the same chamber??

also what is a good temp to keep my 55 gal fowlr???

You can put it anywhere but i would suggest putting it in a section where the water level does not change. You want the heater to stay submerged up to the manufacturer suggested level. (usually just below the head). You also want it to be in an area of good water flow or it will heat up the water around it and get a unrepresentative reading of the actual tank temperature. If the thermostat is separate from the heater i would put it a small distance away also in an area of strong flow.

Wouldn't you want the thermostat in the DT so as to make sure the main tank is at the appropriate temperature?

if you can stand to look at it, that's where i would put it. right in my face, so i don't forget to read it. 78 is a good temp.

Wouldn't you want the thermostat in the DT so as to make sure the main tank is at the appropriate temperature?

if you can stand to look at it, that's where i would put it. right in my face, so i don't forget to read it. 78 is a good temp.

sory about all the vids but its the only was i can show you what im talking about. site wont let me post any more pics

so you are saying the heater should go in the sump and the heat censor should go in the dt?

and i have a digital thermometer in the dt.

it should be some distance away from the element, like pat said. i misunderstood and thought we were talking about a thermometer. it would work fine that way, as long as it's in an area of changing flow (pat also said). if it was in a still area, it might not get a correct reading.

you should sign up for one of the free hosting services, like photobucket. then you can post as many pics as you want.

Back
Top Bottom