Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-06-2005, 01:24 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
heater question...is this good? Pro heat 2 titanium?

i was thinking about getting the Pro heat 2 250 watt heater (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true) for the sump of my 90 gal FOWLR. i like the idea of titanium being non corrosive and having the temp and controls all in one unit...has anyone used this and had success?

Mbeef61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to Kam
I just ordered one, not thats any major help to you. I did quite a bit of research and felt that it was one of the best heaters for the function/price.

55 Gal FOWLR
105 lbs Live rock from LR.com
2 Yellow Tail Damsels
2 Green Chromis
1 Emerald Crab
3 Peppermint Shrimp
4 Scarlet Hermit Crabs
1 Blue Knuckle Hermit Crab
1 Large Turbo Snail
Hitchhickers: 3 Purple sea urchins, lots of rock crabs, pistol shrimp, brittle stars, snails, worms, etc.
and aiptasia, aiptasia, aiptasia (it was free $$)
Kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:50 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
i have 2 of those 150 watt heaters in my 55. they work really well... as long as the sun doesnt heat up my house too much, the temp sits right at 80 all the time.

55gal FOWLR,
DIY stand and Hood,
AquaC Remora,
Coralife Lunar Aqualight (4x65W),
60 LB Hirocks Base Rock, 40 LB LR 50/50 Keys/Gulf
150 LB Playsand (~3-4 in DSB)
2 x Blood Red Fire Shrimp, 2 x Cleaner Shrimp
2 x Black and White Percula Clown, 1 x Orange Spotted Blenny, 1 x Red Stripe High Fin Goby
mp3z24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:22 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
My only concern would be the probe control. Should that come out of the water for any reason you're fried. Otherwise they look like nice heaters. Some things I like about it are they are unbreakable, the on/off indicator and the temp display. The heaters I have the thermostats are vastly off from the temp they heat to. I hate the heaters that I have for the above reasons. I may just replace them with these!

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote

eat, eater, heat, heater, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com