Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
exactly, I have done more reading in the past two hours than I have done my whole life!!!! :lol:

Another question ... if one was to go with a FOWLR tank, no anemones or things of the sort, regular HO florecents would be sufficient? I'm definitely not trying to skimp on price here, but want all the info I can gather!

TIA, and I hope I don't sound redundant! Just confused .... maybe I should stop reading for a day or so .... let it all soak in and then continue! :wink: :lol:

For FOWLR, NO fluorescents are sufficient. HO are not regular they are the T5 bulbs and you would not be skimping if you got them.

Nevermind .... I think I have answered that by doing a little search for FOWLR LIGHTING (amazing what a search will turn up). Normal HO florescents will be fine as long as I NEVER plan on corals!

I'm sure everyone on here will say "One day you'll want some corals!" ... I'm sure one day I will, especially with the clowns I want to get!

One thing that is still confusing me though is ... if I put 60lbs of LR in my tank, there will be no need to run any filtration system only a Skimmer, PH, and heaters? BUT it would a little better to run some type of filter then none right?

Jermz79 said:
One thing that is still confusing me though is ... if I put 60lbs of LR in my tank, there will be no need to run any filtration system only a Skimmer, PH, and heaters? BUT it would a little better to run some type of filter then none right?

Basically. A sump with a wet/dry filter will do some good, but it wont make that much of a difference to start with. Eventually I am sure you will want one to act as a refugium, because everyone ends up wanting pods in their tank and corals.

Here's what I've decided to do .....

CPR Bak-Pak 2 (seems better than the Prizm Delux)
2 - 900 PH (might I need 1200's)
2 - 50 watt heaters
VHO florecents (for the time being)
30lbs of Base
30lbs of Keys LR
and 5" DSB

Of course test kits and what not! But as for setup on a FOWLR tank how does this sound to you guys?

Now with all that said, What type of "cleaning crew" would I want, and what type and how much Livestock would I be safe with?

Thanks .... you guys are AWESOME!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom