Hello all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobnjen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New to the site new to the hobby looking to build relationships with other enthusiast

Attachments

• mobile 056.jpg
    mobile 056.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 85
  • mobile 053.jpg
    mobile 053.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 103_1127.jpg
    103_1127.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 103_1128.jpg
    103_1128.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 95
Thank you Hubert The lights are hamilton technologies metal halide t5 combo with led domes just added fish 2 days ago setup was without though.We started with 80 lbs live rock 40 lbs crushed coral sand 5 turbo snails a linkia starfish and a hitchhiker from the rock.recently added a candycane coral frag and 6 damsels

bobnjen said:
Thank you Hubert The lights are hamilton technologies metal halide t5 combo with led domes just added fish 2 days ago setup was without though.We started with 80 lbs live rock 40 lbs crushed coral sand 5 turbo snails a linkia starfish and a hitchhiker from the rock.recently added a candycane coral frag and 6 damsels

Is ur tank cycled?

I believe so we went through a 3 month period with the rock and snails to eat the algae after testing the water weekly and keeping good levels we decided to re cently start adding more

bobnjen said:
I believe so we went through a 3 month period with the rock and snails to eat the algae after testing the water weekly and keeping good levels we decided to re cently start adding more

Sounds like u are all good to go :D woo!!

A little advice please when you say cycled what are you refering to? I am brand new to the hobby and comfortable with my results at this point but am looking for as much knowledge as possible Thank you again its good to hear that someone likes something you have so much time and effort in

Hi when you have cycled your ammonia level should have gone to 0 the cycle is when you have enough good bacteria (bio load ) the ammonia turns to nitrite then to nitrate all these levels should be 0  your tank looks great and welcome to AA 

Back
Top Bottom