Hello From Kansas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaryDanielleSantos

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, :wave:

My name is Mary. I'm new to this forum, and hoping it will suit me better than the others I have tried to join.

Well I have just now completed my cycle for my tank, a 30 gallon. I introduced my CUC or a portion of it yesterday. The water is stable.

My plans for the tank is to make it a dwarf seahorse species tank, but since it is so large I was thinking of trying something new, which is dividing the tank with a tank divider, one side will hold my HOB filter (made safe just in case any of the Zots find their way over), power head with sponge filter attached once again to make it safe.

I have about a half inch sand bed. I will be adding macroalgae and plants: laurencia macro, red bush hayi macro, dragons tounge macro, purple octo, red mangove, and some various others. No LR, don't want to take the chances with any hitchhikers.

I want to add more than snails to my CUC, but not quite sure what else to use. Any help or suggestions would be great.

p.s. I will not be acquiring the dwarf seahorses until mid next month or after. I would like the tank to be completely safe and will be introducing a colony of copepods and amphipods shortly. I'm hoping the divider will keep the Zots safe from the filter and powerhead, and provided a safe haven for the colony of copepods to rise. Not sure if anyone has done this, but I'm up for the experiment.

welcome mary. i wouldn't use ANY algae eating creatures in that tank if you are going to have ornamental macroalgae. i would add some dry rock simply for the surface area/filtration aspect.

check this out..i think you will enjoy the read, and maybe you could contact her for some tips-
Feature Aquarium: The Aquarium of 'Suzy' | Advanced Aquarist's Online Magazine

btw, you may want to change your text color...hard to read!

welcome mary. i wouldn't use ANY algae eating creatures in that tank if you are going to have ornamental macroalgae. i would add some dry rock simply for the surface area/filtration aspect.

check this out..i think you will enjoy the read, and maybe you could contact her for some tips-
Feature Aquarium: The Aquarium of 'Suzy' | Advanced Aquarist's Online Magazine

btw, you may want to change your text color...hard to read!

Thank you for the link! It looks very interesting.
I was thinking of keeping the macroalgea on the seahorse side. I haven't figured out all of the little details, but I'm working on it. :)

p.s. Changed the color. ;)

Not quite sure why my reply didn't post...

But Thank You for the link! It's very interesting, and I love the pictures! Maybe one day my tank will be as beautiful as hers... :)

p.s. I changed the color. :D

Back
Top Bottom