Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-19-2004, 05:24 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
go to http://www.reef-aquarium.net/

there are several article on there that will help walk you through the initial stages all the way up to advanced reef keeping.

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
SquishyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:35 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
I would avoid trying to do a quick cycle with a product like Bio-Spira or something similar. The best way to cycle your tank is to use LR, LS and good old fashion time.

lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:39 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
well, i set the tank up sept.24th....added live sand on 30th....added live rock on the 7th of oct. tested a couple days later for amonia and there was some present tested again 15th and it was less....tested again 19th and looks like none present (hard to tell with certain lighting) i was thinking that since i seeded the filters maybe i had a jump on the cycle i dont know....i plan on a reef but wil slowly get into it...fish is uncertain at this time....but definatly plan on slowly adding fish maybe 1 per 2 months...depends. as i get my bonus's from work...i can start to but the essentials for a good healthy reef. i have lots of plant growth and feather dusters right now...anyone think it could be cycled now?

sirfishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:47 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
It very well could be. Especially if you used LS and cured LR to cycle. I would test amonia and nitites to make sure they are are at zero. Nitrates may still be a bit high but if they are at reasonible levels your are cycled. Take s sample to the LFS and have them double check everythig. If that is okay, I would a fish, as in one, as see what happens. Keep and eye on the water parameters for a good week or so. Good luck...Lando

lando is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com