help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jscholfield

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The water level in my corner flow is falling but there aren't any leaks. I took the pipes out tightened them and made sure the bulk heads were secure but it just keeps falling! Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this?

I thought it was that but it was falling way to fast to be evaporation

Is the water in the sump correspondingly rising? If it is, then the return pump cannot keep up with the overflow. You'll need a bigger return pump.

Its not even on. Everything is off and im letting sand settle.

Ohh...it's got to be a leak or evaporation then. If equipment isn't even on, that's really the only possibility I can think of.

Could be a combination of both too. A really small leak, and evaporation on top of that. Good luck figuring it out, sorry I couldn't help more...

I'm thinking it probably is too. Its weird though because ive looked everywhere and i can't find a leak. I'll probably just have to ask my lfs where i purchased it from.

Sometimes with a really small leak they can be hard to find. The leak water can dry up almost as fast as the leak itself, so it doesn't create a big wet spot anywhere. It sounds like this might be the case here.

I'm running everything now and it seems fine... The water is staying at the same level

Its a 65 gallon. And i can probably wait an hour and maybe lose one or two inches in the corner maybe more

Yeah, that's def not evaporation. Could be that water is just slowly trickling down into the sump through the drain line. That seems to happen with my Durso drains when everything is shut down. It doesn't siphon down, but the water will slowly drain, down to the beginning of the bend in the J-tube.

I thought that too. I'm guessing that has to be it. There's no other explanation.

Back
Top Bottom