Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cullins0437

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello my name is Holly...I have a 10 gal tank got water in it and the filter is running...I know I have to buy a protein skimmer and sand etc. can someone send me step by step on what to buy first...and I can't seem to find what all has to stay balanced to keep a healthy saltwater aquarium...can someone give me advice? Would greatly appreciate it...thanks

Attachments

• image-481146595.jpg
    image-481146595.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 55
Hello my name is Holly...I have a 10 gal tank got water in it and the filter is running...I know I have to buy a protein skimmer and sand etc. can someone send me step by step on what to buy first...and I can't seem to find what all has to stay balanced to keep a healthy saltwater aquarium...can someone give me advice? Would greatly appreciate it...thanks
You'll need a heater, you can get some live rock, I don't think you need a skimmer for such a small tank you need test kits ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, a hydrometer to measure salinity. As far as balance you need a good ph around 8.2, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 10 to 20 on the nitrates although 0 is best 1.026 for salinity 0 phosphates and there may be other stuff some one else might be able to add.

Back
Top Bottom